Thursday, June 13, 2013

Shoelace Corset by Lanajean of Groovyjuice.com - Recycled Fashion Design at San Mateo County Fair 2013

This is Lanajean owner of Groovyjuice.com and I wanted to let you know about one of my entries this year in the 2013 San Mateo County Fair.




The theme is recycled fashion design and I created an accessory out of recycled shoelaces.
I sewed each shoelace by hand into a daisy shape, added a button to the middle, and I sew the daisy shapes together.



The final result was a play on the corset. I used black laces along the bottom to give the illusion of thinner waist,  and two long shoelaces at the sides to string the front and back pieces together.



Each daisy took about 20 mintes to make and the end result, many hours. Its the first time this fashion reseller has ever designed an original clothing item! I was inspired by my deceased elderly friend who saved the shoelaces, and made it in her honor.



I'm in good company at the fair, as all the entries are great! I'm also near  Jill Pilot's display of Riccocet, who designed the dress above, and kitty corner from the fabulous Fabmo, which salvages designer fabrics for reuse in the community.



It was fun to be a participant this year and get the complimentary tickets for my effort ;-)

So far,  saw a great show by the fabulous Whispers (above) and also saw Three Dog Night (below).

I'll write more later about my other fair entrees, the fabulous flower bouquet made out of water bottles!  The San Mateo County Fair runs from June 9-16th, 2013. My entries are located in Redwood Hall, Sustainable Living section. Hope to see you there.

Let me know what you think of my shoelace corset, especially if you cannot get to the fair! I'm already brainstorming designs for the 2014 Recycled Fashion design contest. !

Lanajean
San Mateo, California

No comments: